At 11:29 AM -0800 12/18/02, Harold Owen wrote:

I have a related bug report: When we use the method I suggest, the width of the pick-up bar is too large when music spacing is invoked. Presently I must drag the measure handle to get the width I want, then when I invoke music spacing, I have to exclude the pick-up bar. This is awkward when I wish to do global music spacing.

For the time being, how about a plug-in to set up a pick-up bar, set measure numbering, and reduce the measure width....

Hal

The measure is too big because of the minimum measure width you have set. This is another issue, because if you make the minimum measure width something like 1/2" to account for 1/8 note pickups, measures with whole notes get REAL small.

The only way I know of to allow for this is the method you described above. For others, make sure you are in scroll view when you drag the barline left, because if you drag it in page view the extra space is given only to the second measure, instead of moving ALL the later measures over, too.

Coda, how about it?

Christopher