My work is primarily piano-vocal, and I don't do separate string parts very
often, so I'm hoping I can get an answer here.

I have a cello part which needs to include some cues played by the violin.
What is the rule for clefs is such a situation?  Do I change to treble clef
for the cue and then back to bass clef for the cello?  Or does the cellist
want to read the violin part in a bass clef?

Added complication:  In most of these, the cello is holding a fermata note
while the violin plays a cadenza.  Is there some way I can put the violin
cue on the same staff, or will I have to add a separate staff?

thanks
mdl