How did you transpose the file on your end?

Did you use the Mass Mover, or did you simply change the key signatures appropriately?

I find it easiest to change key signatures to achieve what you need.

Try doing that and then sending him the file, if you haven't done it like that already.

If you have done it by changing key signatures and the file is messed up, it sounds as if it has become corrupted.

Don Hart wrote:
Hello all,

I'm trying to send a finale (mac2k2b) file to someone w/ Notepad 2k3 for
them to work with and reference.  My original file is a step lower than what
we need in this instance so I thought I'd transpose the file on my end and
let him see it in the keys he needs to work in.  There's where the rub has
come in.

When he opens the transposed file sometimes the playback is right (new key)
but not the notation (old key).  Sometimes the opposite happens, but the
playback and notation never wind up together in the new key.  I opened the
file here once and got the notation in the new key but the playback was
messed up (not recognizable).  The file in the original key works fine.

As a workaround I looked at the possibility of transposing everything in
Notepad but the piece has several sections with different key signatures and
Notepad doesn't seem capable of changing all keys proportionately.

This seems like a bug but I thought I'd check with everyone here first and
see if someone knows different.

TIA

Don Hart

David H. Bailey