Vincent writes:

I know this is possible to do but I don't know how.

Let's say I have a staff with 4 measures.

On the 2nd measure, I want to input text in the middle of the staff. How can I erase the lines just for one or two bars so that we can clearly see the text inside ?

Thanks !
This drives me crazy !
Dear Vincent,

Here's what you do:

1. Select the bars where the text will go with the Staff Tool.
2. From the Staff Menu select Define Staff Styles.
3. In the dialog box remove the dash next to "Display rests in empty measures", then click next to "Staff" and select "Other".
4. In the new dialog box, click on the "Custom" button.
5. Click in the "ladder" to remove staff lines. I would leave the top and bottom staff lines there.
6. Return to the score, and from the Staff Menu select Apply Staff Styles.

Now you should have the space for your text.

Hal
--
Harold Owen
2830 Emerald St., Eugene, OR 97403