>Let's say I have a staff with 4 measures.
>
>On the 2nd measure, I want to input text in the middle of the staff.
>How can I erase the lines just for one or two bars so that we can
>clearly see the text inside ?

Others have mentioned staff styles, which does what you ask for.  But
depending on what your purpose here is, you might want to try using an
opaque expression instead.

Create a new expression with whatever text you like. Check the "Enclosure"
box to get to the Enclosure dialog. Drag the border to whatever size you
like. Check "opaque" and set the line thickness to zero.  You can now use
this expression to blank out whatever is behind it.  Depending on what
you're trying to blank, you may need to attach the expression to the system
below and drag it upward to blank out the system above.

The advantage of this method is that you can make the edge of the blanked
out region anywhere on the staff, rather than right at a barline.  You can
also make the border a circle or ellipse instead of a plain rectangle.

If the text you want in the blank space is more than one line, you won't be
able to put it in the expression.  Instead, just make the expression blank
and use it for the white space only; then write a text block on top of it.

mdl