From: Joel Sears [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:04:41 -0600
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Finale] mac help

Bonnie,

I don't believe the iMAC comes with any PCI slots, therefore, you will need
the G4 tower. Digidesign has just announced their 6.0 versiion for OS X.
They say that there will be a speed increase with the dual processors. GET
EXTRA RAM! It's relatively cheap. I believe, with OS X, the dual processors
work on programs that are not written for dual processors also.

The machines need the fans. The best thing for you to do, is to move the
MAC and mic as far away from each other as possible. You can also build a
three sided Sonex foam enclosure around the computer (not too close, it has
to breathe). You can also build a Sonex wall around you and the mic (not
too close, you have to breathe too). The signal to noise ratio should make
the noise unnoticeable or almost unnoticeable.

Best of luck,
Joel Sears