Busy weekend on the list!  I was only away for about two days, but nearly a
hundred messages have piled up.

I may have missed something, but I didn't seen an answer to this one:

At 9:22 PM 02/07/03, d. collins wrote:

>In a piece I have scanned (Sharpeye), some of the dotted notes have their
>dots too low, i.e. below the staff line for notes on lines. I tried to
>"undo individual dot positioning", as explained in the manual, but there
>seems to be no adjustment to remove. If I delete the note and reenter it,
>the dot comes back too low. What can I do?

It sounds to me like this is the result of music in another layer. If you
have Adjust Dot for Multiple Voices turned on (Options -> Document Settings
-> Augmentation Dot), Finale will lower the dot for any note where the head
is on a line, the stem is down, and music exists in another layer.

For genuine cases of multiple voices, this is generally considered correct
(Ross, p. 169). It may look wrong to you if you are unaccustomed to this
style.  It also may look wrong if you have an unusual use of layers where
it doesn't really represent multiple voices at all. Perhaps this can occur
as a result of SharpEye constructing the score from a scanned image.

If this is the case, possible solutions would be: (a) turn off the Adjust
Dot for Multiple Voices setting; (b) figure out what's in the other layer
and get rid of it somehow; or (c) leave the settings alone but adjust the
dots upward on an individual basis.

mdl