At 9:23 PM 03/05/03, Darcy James Argue wrote:
>Mark, you will have to take my word for it that this marking actually
>does make a huge difference to the development of young jazz musicians.
>  Even the enthusiastic and talented ones take years to outgrow the
>knee-jerk uneven eighth feel they were taught by our wonderful jazz
>education system.  [...]

I was thinking mostly in terms of what is more likely to result in a better
performance right now.  I wasn't thinking about what contributes to the
long-term growth of musicians.

Over the years on this list I've learned to respect your opinion, Darcy, so
if you feel this strongly maybe I need to reconsider my thinking about
this.

mdl