Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
>> Output a file in .mid format & load to a sequencer.
>>
>> Does data should show the pan info?
>>
>> (File save bypasses output options.)

This is giving me some clues. Opening in Cakewalk showed a couple of tracks
set to pan correctly but the layer two tracks are not. Apparently, in the
instrument list you must also have 'Expressions' set to the same channel as
the instrument that you want to pan. But, with a different instrument on
each layer/channel I cannot set the pan for layer two.

I will look into all this later today and also try David's suggestion about
using Expression playback instead of the MIDI tool.

Thank you Dennis, David, Hal, Ikuru and Javier.

Richard