On Monday, Apr 7, 2003, at 07:05 America/Vancouver, John Croft wrote:

So, does anybody know if it's possible to patch an external MIDI keyboard directly into QuickTime, and have it use the selected SoundFont? (It would be nice if Apple's "Audio MIDI Setup" utility recognised QT as an output, so that you could just patch it in, but it doesn't.)

Greetings John,

I've just been through a similar issue with Andrew Levin offlist. Our conclusion, based on the setups of our 4 different Macs, was that it's not possible with QuickTime (including Pro) right now. I think it's something that should be reported by as many users as possible on the OS X feedback page.

Philip Aker http://www.aker.ca