At 10:58 AM -0400 6/07/03, David H. Bailey wrote:
You can, but if you don't type anything the 1 and 2 appear automatically and he is asking if the periods can be made to appear automatically along with the numbers.

I don't think the periods can be automatic.

Aha, I see in the Friendly Manual that it inserts the number that you have put into the Total Passes box. If you put nothing, it defaults to 1. If you have put 2 or 3, it inserts that number. You have to define the number of passes to be 2 in order to get the 2 automatically, otherwise you get 1 again in your second repeat box.

However, I have happily used Finale for many years without knowing that, simply typing the number (or other text) I want into the box that is highlighted by default when the dialogue box opens.

And you are right, the periods cannot be automatic.

Christopher

Crystal Premo wrote:
I would like to change a Finale default behavior:

I want a period (.) after the 1 in a first ending and the 2 in a second ending. Is there a way to do this?<<

I almost always use a period there. Can't you just type it?

Crystal Premo