At 9:55 PM -0400 6/11/03, Darcy James Argue wrote:
On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 02:18 PM, Christopher BJ Smith wrote:

Or how about Major 7 sus4?

Hmm, I've used it before, though I usually would call it something else, like G7/C instead of Cmaj7(sus4), but I wouldn't write out Major like that.

Yeah, that's generally how it's used. I should have mentioned that it's rare to see this chord spelled out as Csus (or whatever). Chris is right, G7/C is much more common. But the non-slash chord nomenclature isn't *wrong* or anything, just less frequently used.

Heck, even Mozart used that particular one!