on 6/16/03 12:34 AM, Darcy James Argue at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone knew of any websites or whatnot that would
> automatically hyphenate English words?  Might make transcribing lyrics
> easier -- just type them in straight, submit them for hyphenation, then
> copy them into Finale.  Or can this be done with a word processor?
> "Hyphenate all syllables?"
>
> - Darcy

I copy my written lyrics onto the lyric box,
verse by verse, and click in hyphens
where they make sense to the singers and
meter of the music. It helps me to get the
accents correct, and to get the important
consonants connected to the beginning next syllable.
Doing it this way insures for me that it will work,
or else change the note value, beat number it falls on, etc.
until it does. I would not want to do it with a program.
    Are you wishing for this because you do a lot of copying of old music?

Tim Price,
fairlee, VT