>Why, oh why does finale insist on articulations to either fall on one side of
>the note or the other...why isn't there an easy way to just flip an accent or
>staccato from the note head side to the stem side without dragging or holding
>down arrow keys?  Has anyone thought of making a plugin to solve this
>problem?  I hope someone from Coda is reading this...I think that flipping
>a staccato
>should be as easy as flipping a stem.

As a general rule, I think any poster to this list will get better
impossible to do xyz?"  The latter approach makes us feel that you don't
really want help and just want to complain.  It's also a curious pattern
that the users who are quickest to complain about what Finale can't do are
most often the ones who have done the least exploring in figuring out what
it can do.

I believe most Finale users who face the problem you describe address it by
setting up two separate articulations, one for noteside and one for
stemside.  The dot doesn't "flip" as you recommend, but it's very simple to
remove one articulation and replace it with the other.

mdl