I would be all over Finale tech support about this until they solve it for you. But I'm afraid they'll say that they only guarantee 2003 to work in Classic. But it's worth a try. There has to be dozens of other folks in the same boat. I avoid using Finale in Classic, and have had mixed results printing when I have tried it, but I understand you don't have a choice. This looks like a result of poor coordination between Make Music and Apple. I understand that it is complicated, but every other software company is now board, INCLUDING Digidesign and Quark!! Two of the most careful, slow-to-release, companies that so many pro Apple users rely on. My hope is that we'll be able to get 2004 by mid to late August.

On a related note, as a purchasing decision maker from an academic institution (a huge portion of Finale installed base), I think Make Music would be wise to start releasing upgrades by June 1 at the very latest. Most academic institutions start their upgrade process in June or July, and try to make most of these type of purchases decisions by the end of the previous semester (late May). Our lab upgrade requests have to be submitted to a faculty committee and voted on by a certain date in May, and the committee doesn't convene again until September. This year, we have to do the 2004 upgrade, and I have had to tell the committee to expect it and have asked them to convene as early as possible, and have told our Technology Services staff that we will have to wait until then to add it to the lab disk images. Why do they time it so close to the beginning of the semester?

End of rant. I feel better now.

Tim