RL Jenks wrote, in part:

> I saw only one public response to your
> query about suppressing Courtesy Time
> Signatures and that one, which described
> the measure tool option controlling time
> signature display, did not really address
> your problem.

Actually, it did address the problem perfectly, but as Jari, Lee and
Richard said in their notes, I think you misunderstood what part of the
measure attributes dialog box to use.

What I've done is this:

In [Options][Document Options], under both Key Signatures and Time
Signatures, I have checked the box for "Display Courtesy Key/Time
Signatures At End of Staff System."  This preserves all the courtesy key
signatures and time signatures within the three movements of this piece,
and I do need to have them within the movements.

Then, I clicked on the measure tool, right-clicked on the handle for the
last measure of movement one, and clicked [Edit Measure Attributes].
The Measure Attributes Dialog Box opened, and I checked the box for
"Hide cautionary Clef, Key and Time Signatures."  This suppressed these
items for this one measure only.

Then, I repeated the above steps for the last movement in the second
movement.

As there are only three movements, that's all there was to it.

Thanks again for both the public and private replies to my query, and
thanks for asking again about it, so we can be sure that the information
gets to any lurkers who were wondering the same thing I was.

Jim O'Briant
Bayside Music Press
Gilroy, CA   95020

http://www.baysidemusicpress.com