James:

I saw only one public response to your query about suppressing Courtesy Time
Signatures and that one, which described the measure tool option controlling
time signature display, did not really address your problem. I was
interested in reading the responses you received since I've faced this
problem myself and have not found a really satisfactory solution.

The workarounds I have used include suppressing the time signature in the
following measure (either using the measure tool option or selectively staff
by staff by defining a "No Time Signature"staff style). This gets rid of the
courtesy time signature, but then a shape expression must be defined to
imitate the suppressed time signature in the following measure. The
following measure must also be respaced.

I have used an alternative method at the start of a new movement. It
involves the insertion of a "phantom" measure between the old and new
movements. This phantom measure has the same time signature as the preceding
movement, so the courtesy signature doesn't show up after that movement
ends. A staff style can be created for the phantom measure to hide the empty
measure rests, the measure tool can hide the barline as well as set the
width to zero (actually, I use a very small positive width to make the dummy
measure easy to edit if necessary). Since the new movement has its own
measure numbers, a new region must be set in any case.

As you can see, both these methods have their problems. Did you receive
better advice privately. If so, I think you should post it on the list.
That's what the list is for.

Best regards,

Rob Jenks