> Noel wrote:
> > Tom Daish wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any advice on how to convert music from PrintMusic to a
> format
> > > that can be made into a CD-R to be played on a regular CD player.
> >
> > Later this week, when MakeMusic! announces the availability of Finale 2004,
> > upgrade.  According to announcements, FIN2k4 will have the ability to write
> .aiff
> > files directly.  Absent this, you'll have to save your files as ~.MID, and run
> them
> > through a MID to ~.aiff converter.
> >
> > ns

I, too, am on Windows.

> I think Tom is on Windows, Noel, as he talks about wav and mp3 files.  But why
> would you need to make a .MID file?  Can't you simply make a recording of the
> Finale playback?

My understanding (possibly inaccurate, since I don't have details of the internals
of Finale) is that playback is through MIDI facilities, anyway, and since in my
system, it is physically a challenge to run a patch cord between the line out and
line in sockets on the sound card, this is something I don't think I would  have
considered doing.

ns