Noel wrote:
> Tom Daish wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone have any advice on how to convert music from PrintMusic to a
format
> > that can be made into a CD-R to be played on a regular CD player.
>
> Later this week, when MakeMusic! announces the availability of Finale 2004,
> upgrade.  According to announcements, FIN2k4 will have the ability to write
.aiff
> files directly.  Absent this, you'll have to save your files as ~.MID, and run
them
> through a MID to ~.aiff converter.
>
> ns

I think Tom is on Windows, Noel, as he talks about wav and mp3 files.  But why
would you need to make a .MID file?  Can't you simply make a recording of the
Finale playback?

Tom - you need to record the Finale or Midi File playback to a wav file using a
sound recorder program, then use a CD burning program to copy the wav file onto
the CD in audio format.  The Windows Sound Recorder
(Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment) will do the job but it's a bit
primitive.  I prefer to use a small shareware program called CDWave
(www.CDWave.com) which you can use to trim silent passages and remove clicks.

hth
Peter