On Saturday, Aug 16, 2003, at 13:57 US/Pacific, Mark D Lew wrote:

This is Apple's "Mail", which comes pre-installed. I'm honestly not sure what it's doing to the text I send. (I just hope it isn't making HTML code out of it....) I haven't yet decided whether to get back on board with Eudora or make a jump to the Bat.

You can tweak the Composing preferences in Apple Mail to be sure of non-HTML postings. But if I remember some of your personal preferences for computers correctly, you might enjoy using the unix 'pine' email application in conjunction with a GUI emailer. It comes in a standard installer package and is very fast for scanning email before you decide to download it to disk with Mail. I've got it setup for Safari to open links contained in email and am piping its print command though a formatter before it goes thru 'lp' to the printer. If you feel comfortable dealing with it's configuration and .pinerc editing, it can be very efficient.

Cheers,

Philip Aker
http://www.aker.ca