On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 10:24 AM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

At 12:40 PM 8/21/2003, Phil Daley wrote:
>Since I am running 3.7.2 perhaps I should upgrade, since my wife is a
>private music teacher.

The academic upgrade only applies to full-price purchases -- subsequent upgrades are the same price for everybody. So while it would cost you $300 to buy Finale 2004 with the academic pricing (half of the full price), it would only cost you $159 to upgrade your existing Finale (regular upgrade price for pre-2002 versions).

Also, http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/academic.asp makes it seem as though private music teachers are eligible for a special price when jumping to Finale from another Coda product, but not for the discount on just buying Finale right off. At least, private music teachers are mentioned explicitly in the first case but not the second.

Yes, but if you download the Academic/Theological order form (not the trade-up form) you will find that MTNA members are mentioned.