I don't know if this makes any difference: for postscript printer I use
Adobes generic driver. I use Illustrator 10 and Finwin 2003. All I can say
is that when I open the Finale generated eps in Illustrator it shows up just
fine. Btw I did save the files as version 3.0/3.2 Illustrator eps, no
preview and no thumbnail. These files converted fine to Acrobat and worked
great in MSWord (XP). However, I haven't tried to use these files in Finale.
The final output in my last project was pdfs for publication.
One more thing: all my fonts were postscript fonts (T1) and I don't use ATM.

Mike Cholewa