I just received my Ricoh AP2610 large format laser printer. My hat is off to whoever made the original recommendation. This printer is unbelievable.

My trusty HP 6P finally died the week before my birthday. I knew that Providence intended for me to have this Ricoh. Other than the toner cartridges, it barely costs more than a high-end personal (i.e. very light duty) laser printer, and this product is very definitely upscale. Before purchasing it, I checked into the cost of printing large scores at Kinko's. They have software that can capture your print output, then send it to a large format printer in their shop. They want $1.00 a page. I figured that 3 orchestra scores (with a couple of drafts each) would pay for the printer right there.

Anyway, now that I have this beauty, I'm looking to improve my life in other ways. I'm thinking about scanning a lot of the music I presently keep in paper files. Most of it can be printed on 2 letter-sized pages, which I always do on a single 11x17 sheet so that there is less fiddling with loose pages.

Any of the music I have on Finale, I can easily print 2-up directly on the AP2610. No problem there. But how does one go about printing 2-up with scanned images? It seems to me I need some kind of program that can send all the images as a single print job. My scanning software treats each scanned page (i.e. each 8-1/2x11 page) as a separate file. I don't see any way to send two separate letter page images to the Ricoh for 2-up printing on an 11x17 sheet.

I guess I could save the pages to individual slides in a PowerPoint file, which really isn't a half bad solution. Or maybe I could store them in a PDF. Either of those programs (powerpoint or acrobat reader) could send the job for 2-up printing.

I'm just wondering if others have found more straightforward solutions. Is there software designed specifically for archiving and printing scanned images.

Thanks,
Craig