The attachment send from a Mac was probably encoded with binhex (perhaps it
had the extension .dat). You can try and use Stuffit expander from Aladdin
Systems (http://www.aladdinsys.com). Install Stuffit. Save and rename the
attachment with the extension .sit. Double-click on the file and it should
expand to a new file that you may have to rename with the extension .mus.
Btw. Compression with stuffit from mac seems to fix this kind of problem.

Mike Cholewa