> From:         Robert Patterson
>
> This conversation begs the question of whether glisses even *should* avoid accis. In
> my editions of Bartok String Quartets, the glisses always pierce the noteheads, acci
> or no. I have actually added extensions to my custom lines to force them to do this,
> accis be damned.

What is the advantage of this to the end user? Why muddy an accidental with a line
when placing the line before the accidental gets the point accross and (IMHO) retains
a clean page? I can see where this would just clutter the page and make it more
difficult for the conductor or player to decifer.

my 2 cents,

Steve Fiskum