In a message dated 9/29/03 12:05:54 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Can I tell Finale 2003a that in this document, or a range of measures, all
5/8 should be grouped 3+2 and all 7/8 should be grouped 3+2+2? If not, that's
a good feature to look forward too.

If I can't set this for a document or passage, I wonder why the beaming was
forgotten after revisions? Dynamics and articulation stayed intact. >>

I think they were forgotten BECAUSE they were not set to them that way. I
would suggest that you define metatools for those exact beaming preferences and
click them into those bars where you want them. Then go back and rebeam those
measures and they will stay put even after editing.

The trick is to set-up composite time sigs (ie: 3+2/8 but show 5/8).

Good luck, Dan.