From: Daniel Dorff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sep 28, 2003 5:54 PM
To: Finale list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Finale] what did I do wrong?

Help?  I've just entered a passage of changing meters, mostly 5/8 and 7/8, using WinFin2003a, using Simple Entry to get the notes in.

All the 5/8 and 7/8 was displayed with individual flags, so I used the / stroke in Speedy to group all the beams properly, and it worked fine, and the extracted part came out fine too.

Later I did some revising, including adding beats and bars here and there.  At some point after that I noticed all the 5 and 7 bars were individually flagged again.

Two questions:

Can I tell Finale 2003a that in this document, or a range of measures, all 5/8 should be grouped 3+2 and all 7/8 should be grouped 3+2+2? If not, that's a good feature to look forward too.

If I can't set this for a document or passage, I wonder why the beaming was forgotten after revisions? Dynamics and articulation stayed intact.

Thanks for any advice!

Rick Neal
Teacher, Composer, Bassist Guitarist
[EMAIL PROTECTED]