At 10:17 AM 9/29/2003 -0700, Brad Beyenhof wrote:
If you copy a section, both the original and the copy will then be pointing to the same location in the "Edit Lyrics" dialog box. Thus, changing the word in the copy changes that location in the underlying lyrics. By extension, then, this will change the word in the original. Usually I have found that it is best to insert all of the notes first, enter the lyrics into the Edit Lyrics box, and then click-assign them all to land where they belong.

If you're composing into Finale (and are coming up with notes and lyrics concurrently), it might work to just kludge your way through it and then delete all the lyrics and re-enter them cleanly as described above.

I've noticed the same behavior when expressions (or maybe it is measure-attached text) are copied with the mass edit tool. That behavior is somewhere between bewildering and maddening. It seems to me that a copy ought ALWAYS to create new instances of every object. After all, if you wanted two instances of the same objects, isn't that what MIRROR copy is there for?