Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
[snip]>
Even in front of an ensemble that is wrecking our score, we remain
good-natured and helpful. We take sections aside and work with them,
encouraging and suggesting. We ignore wrong notes -- not because 'the
composer can't even hear them', but because there are other clams to
shell... or is that other corn to shuck? :)

Anyway, this is way off the topic of notation itself. Disaster stories are
fun, at least in retrospect.

Just a minute, Dennis! You admit to ignoring wrong notes? You came down on me so hard for even suggesting that in the limited rehearsal time of my amateur band I had to let some things go.

You accused me of turning out chicken scratch (without ever hearing my band, I must state), yet you blithely admit that you do the same thing?

And in a tone of voice as to suggest it is a GOOD THING to do sometimes?

You're not one of these "If I do it, it's okay, but if YOU do it you're a tasteless yahoo who doesn't care" kind of people are you?

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]