On 6 Oct 2003 at 11:21, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

> Disaster stories are
> fun, at least in retrospect.

And none of the organizations you described deserves the moniker
"professional." That kind of behavior is profoundly unprofessional,
and should not be tolerated.

I'm sure there are all kinds of explanations about why things
happened the way they did.

But none of them excuse the kind of behavior you described,
especially when you bend over backwards to accomodate weak
performers.

And in regard to notation, let me repeat that whimsical disregard of
notation is not something anyone should tolerate. But considered
interpretive decisions about notation that performers find
problematic is a different issue, and an area that I think we
actually are in much more agreement than it would seem.