I've reviewed the sections of the on-line documentation on the Finale Scripting capability, and have found that not all of my initial questions are answered. I'll start with these questions:

1) Is the Finale Script capability considered complete, or is this a first imlementation of a system still not fully developed?

2) I have a large number of files to which I want to apply the same series of steps:

a) open the file

b) for each staff in the file
1) open the instrument list
2) set the MIDI channel
3) set the MIDI patch

c) Save the file

d) Save a ~.Wav file created from the file

I think I can see how to do steps "a" and "c"; it's not clear how I can do steps "b" and "d"; are they possible?

3) I have a different large group of files, on which I want to

a) open each file

b) place a graphic image (contained within a file) in a specific location

c) save the file

d) print the file

Is this possible yet, or will it be in a future release?