With respect to the St. Meinrad chant fonts, Dr..Howell wrote:

Whether they would work in Finale, I don't know. They are designed to be used as a font within a word processor, taking over and reprograming your ASCII keyboard.

Yes, they work well with Finale, I have generated mixed scores using the St. Meinrad Chant fonts for voices, and standard finale notation for the accompaniment.

An alternate method to defining stem lengths to zero, is to redefine the eighth note to be a solid oval and a quarter note to an open oval [characters 207 and 250 respectively, in both the Maestro and Engraver fonts].

ns