John,

Would you please post a URL for us to check out this font? Even if it doesn't work in Finale, I am definitely interested in checking it out.

Thank you!
David

John.Howell wrote:

I'm trying to enter some chants using a 5-line staff, no meter or barlines, and just solid noteheads and open noteheads.

Any suggestions for an efficient way to do this with Finale? I've entered a short piece with hidden barlines and time signatures, but still had to enter it in 4/4 and set stem lengths to zero. The tweaking of everything after entry is a nightmare - there has to be a better, right???

Using Finale 2001d for Windows.

Thanks.

Larry Kent
Tampa, FL
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The monks of St. Meinrad monastery in southern Indiana have developed an excellent font for doing chant properly, on 4-line staves and with the proper note shapes. Of course it sounds as if you don't want real chant notation, but some kind of modern chant notation, in which case others will no doubt have excellent suggestions. I have reverse-engineered a number of chant editions into the original notation, which is easy to learn and is really the best notation for chant.

Whether they would work in Finale, I don't know. They are designed to be used as a font within a word processor, taking over and reprograming your ASCII keyboard. Takes some getting used to!

John

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]