On Monday, Nov 17, 2003, at 12:00 US/Pacific, Brad Beyenhof wrote:

on 11/17/03 11:14 AM, Reuven wrote:
Is there a way to import .pdf notation files into Finale?

It is my impression that .pdf files are intended to be immutable "digital hard copies," with the INTENT that they are not editable by a notation program or word processor or anything. It's an "intellectual property" kind of thing; if it were easy to edit them it would be too simple just to change the inscribed names and claim ownership.

PDFs are meant to be portable (hence the name), not editable; therefore they are to be shared *with* others and not used *by* > others.

Not quite correct. PDF's are meant to be non-editable, non-printable, etc., only if the author so desires. Granted, one usually has to pay or become a geek to alter that state of affairs. Otherwise, it's governed by the settings of the process that created the PDF.

This is my personal take on the issue, but I think you'll find many who'll agree.

Philip Aker http://www.aker.ca