Michael Cook wrote:

Ole,

Finale does not offer the possibility of automatically extending complete secondary beams over rests while keeping the partial secondary beams (the 32nd stub in your example) short. Here is a workaround for the case you mention:

- in Document Options/Beams make sure Extend Secondary Beams Over Rests is NOT checked
- Use Special Tools/Beam Extension Tool to extend the 16th beam (only) over the rest.

Thanks Michael, I think I will use this methode in many instances, - the only deficiency, however so far, is in some Cross Staff notations, and here would a individuel Beam Extension Tool be a help too.