>From the on-line help:

"Resolution . Lower Resolution . Medium Resolution . High Resolution.
Technically speaking, these settings determine how many tiny, vertical line
segments Finale uses to compose the display of each slur, tie, and brace.
Instead of clicking one of the three general-setting buttons, you can also
enter a number from 1 to 128 directly into the Resolution text box. The
higher the number, the finer the resolution of these curves will be-but (as
indicated in the wording of the dialog box) the longer it'll take the
program to draw them on the screen. For that reason, you may want to leave
the Curve Resolution on Low while you're preparing your piece, and then
change it to High just before you print on a non-PostScript printer. If you
have a PostScript laser printer, these settings have no effect on your
printouts."

Is it that hard to click on the Help button in that dialog box?

-Lee