I, as a user, would like to see them get OS X happening and MIDI. All that other crap, the making of CDs, the sound playback stuff could wait.

Just OS X, and Midi and the other features (like the new expression thing) working. I think some of the "fluff" is delaying it.............

Brad Beyenhof wrote:

In their defense, they didn't give a "hard and fast" date of 12/15.  They
said "no earlier than," but of course I'm still incensed.  I was mad enough
after the October 20 miss, and this really pisses me off.

But there's really nothing a user can do to accelerate a release schedule...