I wonder what they will charge us for Finale 2005 in August?

Joel Sears

At 03:10 PM 12/11/2003, Brad Beyenhof wrote:
Just got this in an email:

----------------------------

December 11, 2003

Dear Macintosh customer,

You have waited patiently for Finale 2004 and we need to ask you for just a
little more patience.

We have made tremendous progress over the past few weeks in readying Finale
2004 for Macintosh release. Although our testers say that it is still not
quite ready for release, they are encouraged by the continuing progress
against the few remaining bugs.

We now expect to ship Finale 2004 for OS X (including Panther support) in
the month of January 2004. We cannot say for certain, of course, because
each Finale upgrade is an exercise not just in development, but in
invention. Thus predicting ship dates accurately is always difficult,
sometimes impossible.

As many of you have urged, we are getting the OS X version to you as fast as
we can and not delaying it for 9.x versions. Thus Finale 2004 for both OS X
and 9.x will ship some time after the release of the OS X-only version. (The
later OS X & 9.x version will also be available as a free maintenance
release for all registered users of Finale 2004)
We know this delay has been disappointing for all of you and downright
painful for some of you. We apologize. Please be assured that all of us at
MakeMusic! are working hard to get Finale 2004 up to the quality standards
you expect in every Finale upgrade. We will update you again just after the
holidays.

You are among the thousands of our loyal Macintosh customers who have
pre-ordered Finale 2004. More than 98% of you have maintained your pre-order
and our pre-orders are growing every week. Thank you for your understanding,
your patience, your confidence and your continued support. This is the
biggest Finale upgrade in years and we cannot wait to deliver it to you.
Please continue to share your questions or feedback with us at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Best wishes for the holidays,

Sean Lafleur
Chairman and CEO
MakeMusic! Inc. - Coda Music Technologies
800-843-2066