At 09:07 AM 12/14/03 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>WinFin2004
>Windows 98SE
>Since upgrading to WinFin2004 I have had several lockups associated with
>the following dialogue:
>Cannot Create Font DC
>Has anyone else seen this? The dialogue box has an OK button but usually
>the result is a restart.

I have F2K3, but have seen it. It usually occurs when system resources are
low. I can guarantee it will happen when I'm running Sonar, Audition,
Eudora, Opera, Paint Shop Pro, MS Word, Webber, LAME, WinAmp, Teraterm,
WS_FTP, Real One, and Midimage at the same time (which I frequently do when
revising and testing areas of my website). Running Finale at that point
will generate the 'cannot create font' dialog, and only shutting down other
programs *before* closing that dialog box will release the resources and
re-stabilize everything. I even have a post-it note on the side of my
monitor to remind me *not* to run Finale during heavy web updates!

Some of these are resource eaters for various display widgets -- I don't
program anymore, but I have been told that resource management in Win9x is
strained when newer widget-heavy programs are in play. Perhaps F2K4 uses
more of those resources? I am also told that WinXP does not have those
constraints.

Dennis