Well Winsupport were very helpful - it turns out that this problem is
related to the Cue Note plug-ins (both old and new seemingly) and that
they have been working on a fix. Having only used the Cue Note plug-in
for the first time since acquiring WinFin2004 I assumed that the
programme was at fault. However, on reflection it has only occurred with
the files that have been 'Cue Noted'.

Malcolm