Piano piece, all systems had been previously optimzied: Mass select all of
top staff (page or scroll view), '2' meta-key to expand.  (Settings for
expand: to 2 staves, 1 note each staff, extra notes in bottom, new staves
created below existing ones).  Do expansion.  Instead of now having 4
staves, I end up with the existing lowest stave containing what should of
gone into the new stave and the extra notes are nowhere to be seen.  When
I remove optimization from the systems, everything works as I thought it
should - two top staves are the orignal, no change, 3rd staff has one note
per beat, the 4th staff has 1 or more notes per beat. I usually don't mess
with optimized systems and thinking about it, this 'bug' sort of makes
sense. Can you in fact not expand staves within optimized systems?

======
James Gilbert
http://www.jamesgilbertmusic.com
Finale tips: http://www.jamesgilbertmusi.com/tips.php