Try  Tools->Advanced Tools->Special Tools->Note Position. The first choice on this pallette should give you handles for all the notes in a measure when you click on the measure. You can then adjust the notes horizontally as you are describing. Good luck!

Rick Neal

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 1/5/2004 7:46:46 PM
Subject: [Finale] Still having trouble with chord spacing

Hi again;

I was able to use the Measure tool to change the horizontal size of a measure, but so far I have not figured out how to change the placement of notes within a measure. For example, suppose I have a quarter note, then half, then a quarter. I would like to move the half note over to the right so the chords won't clash, overriding the proportional spacing algorithm.

Is there a way to do that? I tried the "Note mover" tool but that clobbers the pitches, I just want to change the horizontal spacing between notes.

Thanks; Bill S.