Aaron Sherber wrote:
Hoping someone can help me out with my current brain short-circuit...

In the middle of a piece of music, let's say there are a few bars which the oboe can play or can leave out, at the conductor's discretion. So those bars are marked 'ad lib.' Immediately following are bars which the oboe must play. What indication cancels the ad lib?

I know that one way of making this clear is to print the ad lib section with reduced noteheads, but isn't there some term which I can use as well? Is the answer simply 'Play'?

Thanks,
Aaron.

I guess the translation of Ab Lib. as 'at pleasure' means there's probably no negative. Unless you want to instruct the players to perform 'without pleasure'. Perhaps a textual (english) description, or even "cancel ad lib.", would be better?