At 01:50 AM 1/21/04 +0100, Jörg Peltzer wrote:
>Why not simply define a custom line starting with ad lib. Followed by - - -
>- - and a down hook -| and draw that around the measures you need to be
>marked.

When I've needed extra barlines, I've used one of these:
1. Use them as expressions. The barline is a font character, and can be
attached & spaced as needed.
2. For many staggered barlines, I create lyrics that consist exclusively of
the barlines, and then raise the baselines.

Until Finale actually supports fully independent barlines, all these
workarounds will continue. How many years? :)

Dennis