Finale does not directly support this, so you have to use a workaround. One quite
effective workaround is something of a nuisance to do manually. Insert an extra 16th
note at the end of the bar and create a tuplet over the first one 0 16ths in the time
of 1 16th. You end up with two 16ths that are beamed together occupying the same
metric space. You can then adjust the beam as needed.

My Beam Over Barline plugin will do this automatically for you. It comes included with
Finale 2004, or you can purchase it as part of the Patterson Plug-Ins Collection.

--
Robert Patterson

http://www.robertgpatterson.com