On 22/01/04 13:02, "Éric Dussault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I thought it did. I have used it to change some fonts to work with OS X, so
>> if that's all you are after it should work just fine. I will check this out
>> soon.
>>
>> Johannes
>
> I still use version 1.4 of TypeTool. I downloaded the free pdf documentation
> on their website and opentype is not an output format listed there. But it
> supports unicode and fonts with more than 256 characters, and I think it's
> available through one of the TrueType options. Please tell us more if you
> discover that version 2 can indeed convert to OpenType, I would definitely
> upgrade to version 2 if it does.
>
> Éric Dussault

Here's an excerpt from TypeTool's doc :
« TypeTool can only work with Unicode indexes from the basic plane (which
potentially can cover 65,535 indexes). The Unicode standard is used in
TrueType fonts as the main character identification method. In principle
TrueType fonts may be encoded with other standards, but in Windows Unicode
is always used. Until version 8.5 the Mac OS had very limited support for
Unicode. Only the first 256 characters in the font could be encoded ­ which
made Unicode unusable. Since version 8.5 the Mac OS fully supports Unicode
fonts in applications that need this support. The Macintosh version of
TypeTool has special TrueType export option that makes possible the creation
of Mac fonts that will work on both old and new operating systems. We will
talk about this later, when we discuss TrueType exporting options, which are
slightly different on Windows and Macintosh. »