No ideas. Will have to play with it some more. Let us know if you get it to work, and I will do the same.

Tim

On Jan 23, 2004, at 8:50 PM, Éric Dussault wrote:

From: Éric Dussault <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:50:02 -0500 To: Tim Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: [Finale] Finale for Mac OSX delivered

On 23/01/04 10:54, "Tim Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I just tried it, and submenus work as well--I only tried one deep. You
can remove any default mappings and add any you like. The trick is
that you have to not have the app running when you create the shortcut.
In the menu item name field, you type the menu item's name exactly as
it appears in the menu, but not the path to it. I imagine that this
would cause some problems when there are multiple menu items in an app
with the same name under different menus, as in Safari--Open in Tabs.
I can't imagine that will be an issue in Finale.

BTW, another thing I am pleased to have stumbled across in Panther (was
perhaps previously in X?) is "Full Keyboard Control"--a la Windows
allowing tabbing through all elements of dialogs, switching states of
buttons and check boxes, etc. from the keyboard.

Tim

I made some tests and the Layer switching with F1, F2, F3 and F4 keys is
programmed and I can see it in Finale menu that it replaces the old
shortcuts. When I apply it I can see the View menu highlighting but it
doesn't change the layer in reality. Maybe it doesn't matter if Finale is
open or not, as long as you restart Finale to actualize the changes. I did
the same with the tools to add ctrl-? That are not available in Finale. They
all seem to be active, as I can see the menu highlight when I invoke them
but no effect on the tools.

It sounds great and promising if only it could work!

Any ideas?

Éric