On Feb 5, 2004, at 2:58 AM, Mark D Lew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As a matter of fact, on the Sibelius list there was recently a
> question concerning how one could tell at a glance if a score were
> engraved with Sibelius or Finale or Score, and one wise-ass replied
> that if you could spot a measure with the incorrect number of beats,
> it was a Finale score.

>Does that mean you can't score a cadenza in Sibelius? Can't have a
>pickup bar?

I have never written anything resembling a cadenza in Sibelius, but one way
of doing it is to hide bar lines and time sigs. Also, as far as I know and
for an example, one could write a 47/16 time sig for one long bar and then
hide the time sig. Play back would be something else altogether.

I write pickup bars in Sibelius all the time. Very simple to do. I think
starting in version 3, Sibelius takes care of the bar numbering problem that
could be created. I've been known to forget to make the next bar complete
thus wasting a minute, but that may be fixed in version 3 too. I haven't
used version 3.1 yet.

Each version has been a big improvement. I wish Sibelius would go back to
publishing little fixes for downloading rather than making us wait a year.