The professional standards whereby only those who have mastered SCORE are able to be employed. ;-)

David H. Bailey

d. collins wrote:

David H. Bailey écrit:

You can also visit www.npcimaging.com and follow the link to the directory of engravers and go to their home-pages and find out how much they charge and see if your rates are within the ball-park of others.

I followed your advice and went and had a look. First of all, I'm very surprised by the number of broken links. At least half of the web sites I tried gave me a 404 error. This directory is badly in need of updating and cleaning up.

And then, as I suspected, I found no information on rates. I only visited some twenty sites, but none give any indication (except yours).

I'd have to send these people a sample and ask for an estimate, which I'm a bit reluctant to do, for obvious reasons!

I'm also a bit surprised by the sense of superiority some Score users seem to display: "SCORE is the only music typesetting system that we consider equal to professional standards of music engraving."

I wonder what professional standards Finale fails to meet.

Dennis

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]