In a message dated 16/02/2004 00:29:07 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Another reason comb (or spiral) binding is unacceptable for parts is
that the comb or spiral gets crushed inside folders, and generally makes
for troublesome insertion and removal from folders.

I second this - last year, for reasons I won't go into, I used comb binders for several sets of orchestral music.  This year I had to re-do the lot on folded and stapled sheets.  Not only had the pages of the comb-bound parts been torn away, but the combs had damaged the orchestral folders in which they were kept.  Once collected in, the sets took up considerably more valuable room on the library shelf than folded parts.  In the absence of anything better for the moment I still use the comb binder for larger scores.

All the best,

Lawrence

"žaes ofereode - žisses swa maeg"

http://lawrenceyates.co.uk